The Cacchiones in Pittsburgh

Keep in contact and watch Adam, Justin, and Luke grow up, along with other south of Pittsburgh newsworthy items.

Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend-Miscelaneous Pictures-some of Justin's Birthday, 10 Mile Creek Park, Lukes Birthday, Dish Washing, WW I statue like at Victory Park in Lorain, Adam and Justin 1st day of School and Peters Lake

Haven't been here for a while-- here are some new pictures:




Justin's Birthday


10 Mile Creek- about an hour from our house



10 Mile Creek again



 10 Mile Creek




A pretty shot from  10 Mile Creek




See-Saw at  10 Mile Creek




Another



Luke's Skateboard



Luke's Birthday Cake



Luke taking a picture of his cake



For some reason, Luke always want's to do the dishes-- cute shot



The boys and doing dishes



 Here's that statue like at Victory Park in Lorain. This one is in a little park in Monongahela PA.   Here's the story of the restoration in Lorain-- look at both the pictures, very similar




WW I Memorial Names 



Another picture of the statue



Adam and Justin - 1st day of School (7th and 8th grade!)



Another 



This was yesterday at Peters Lake



This was too



This was too


This was too!!!!  The End!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there! My name is Lisa Miller and I am the founder of the Lorain 365 blog. I wanted to thank you for the link-up regarding the Angel of Victory statue. It's so cool to see another one of these statues in another city. Is yours also missing her palm frond?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa,

    I an ex Lorain-ite. I grew up seeing Victory Park and the statue in Lorain. I've been South of Pittsburgh for about 13 years now (Canonsburg PA-Home of Bobbie Vinton and Perry Como among other historical things!) with a territory that covers where that statue is, I've passed by it often over the years and when I saw your post, it "tickled" my brain and made me think of this statue.

    To you question, there is no frond on the statue in the Monongahela park, don't know if there was ever suppose to be one or not.

    I wonder if that angel signifies something related to WW I. It's very interesting I lived there all those years, and now I'm here and that statue is a bit of a connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are interested in learning more about the angel(s), please check out another Lorain blog: http://thatwoman.wordpress.com/2013/08/25/victory-no-longer-empty-handed-v-for-volunteers/
    Loraine and Dan have really done their homework when it comes to the angel! Plus, there's an interesting comment from someone who claims to be related to the sculptor.

    ReplyDelete